Bilateral research cooperation Brazil
The FWO is keen on promoting international collaboration as a driving force for excellence. That is why the FWO signs bilateral agreements with a number of countries for the funding of joint research projects. These projects go further than the traditional exchange projects, because personnel can also be financed.
One of the selected countries is Brazil. The FWO has signed an agreement with the "National Council for Scientific and Technological Development" (CNPq) to fund new research projects in the following scientific areas:
- Space science
- Nuclear science
- Earth sciences
- Agricultural sciences
- Medical sciences
For the time being, the launch of new calls for bilateral research cooperations with Brazil (FWO-CNPq) is not possible.
- Joint research project with Brazilian partner
- Period: 3 years
- Personnel and consumables: €45,000 to €130,000
- Additional equipment / matching funding: maximum €150,000
- Call closed
Profile and conditions
- As a team of researchers you need bench fees, equipment and personnel grants.
- Your research will be carried out at universities in the Flemish Community or at officially registered higher education institutions that can award a PhD degree.
- Your research project will be carried out under the direction of a supervisor, possibly in collaboration with one or more co-supervisors
- All material acquired under a bench fee or equipment grant of the FWO shall become the property of the university.
- The host institution is the employer of staff remunerated under research projects.
- Supervisors and co-supervisors are not allowed any remuneration or accumulation with a remuneration under a research project.
- You propose a list of 10 external referees (refer to the regulations to see who is eligible)
- Your application is submitted to a number of these referees for evaluation.
- The FWO Expertpanels evaluate your application
- The Expertpanels report to the Board of Trustees
- The Board of Trustees decides on your appointment
- You can ask for feedback on the decision.
Regulations and downloads
- General regulations
These general regulations are applicable for every funding of FWO
- Regulations for Research projects
These regulations contain all conditions to apply for an FWO Research Project