Cooperation with France
The FWO is keen on promoting international collaboration as a driving force for excellence. That is why the FWO signs agreements with a number of countries for the funding of potential exchange projects.
To develop and strengthen collaboration between Flanders and France in the area of scientific and technological research, the FWO has signed an agreement with the Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS). Under this cooperation agreement, Flemish researchers are encouraged to participate in a number of existing French funding channels:
- Projets Internationaux de Coopération Scientifique (PICS) (Duration of project: 3 years)
- Laboratoires Européens Associés (LEA) (Duration of project : 4 years)
- Groupements de Recherche Européens (GDRE) (Duration of project: 4 years)
- Unités Mixtes Internationales (UMI) (Duration of project: 4 years)
Other forms of collaboration are also possible. The research teams that wish to cooperate will in first instance reserve the financial resources themselves. Approved projects qualify for (limited) additional financing by the FWO.
- The financed instruments are the same as those that apply for the Scientific Research Network (SRN)
- Submission deadline: applications can be submitted at any time
- Announcement of results: variable
- Start of project: variable
Profile and conditions
- You are a member of the independent academic staff (ZAP).
- You are affiliated to a university in the Flemish Community (or to a university college of the corresponding association) or belong to the scientific staff of the Dutch-speaking community of a scientific institute.
- You send a copy of the application form submitted to the CNRS, to the FWO.
- You must submit your project proposal simultaneously to FWO and CNRS.
- The Panel for International Scientific Contacts (CIWC) evaluates your application and decides on the allocation of the funding.
You need to mail your application to email@example.com. You are asked to send a copy to the CNRS.