Cooperation with Poland
The FWO is keen on promoting international collaboration as a driving force for excellence. That is why the FWO signs agreements with a number of countries for the funding of potential exchange projects.
To stimulate scientific collaboration between Flanders and Poland, the FWO has signed an agreement with the Polish Academy of Sciences (PAS).
- Duration of projects: 3 years
- The funding covers the exchange of researchers
- Travel expenses to the host country, as far as the place of work, are borne by the sending country. The host country pays the accommodation costs.
- FWO pays the Polish researchers a fixed daily allowance of €50 in addition to the accommodation costs, in the case of short visits (less than 4 weeks). For long visits, this is €1,300 per month in addition to the accommodation expenses.
- PAS pays the Flemish researchers a daily allowance of 90 PLN in addition to a maximum amount of 160 PLN for the accommodation expenses, in the case of short visits (less than 4 weeks). For long visits, this is 900 PLN per month in addition to a maximum amount of 1600 PLN for the accommodation expenses.
- Call closed
- Announcement of results: variable
- Start of project: January 2016
Profile and conditions
- You hold a PhD
- You are affiliated to a university in the Flemish Community (or to a university college of the corresponding association) or belong to the scientific staff of the Dutch-speaking community of a scientific institute.
- You must submit your project proposal simultaneously to FWO and PAS.
- You propose a list of 3 external referees (refer to the regulations to see who is eligible) Attention: referees from Belgium and Poland are not allowed!
- One referee will be asked for advice.
- The Panel for International Scientific Contacts (CIWC) evaluates your application.
- The decision is made in consultation with the Polish Academy of Sciences.
Regulations and downloads
- International exchange projects - template for final reports - PDF