Cooperation with Taiwan
The FWO is keen on promoting international collaboration as a driving force for excellence. That is why the FWO signs agreements with a number of countries for the funding of potential exchange projects.
To stimulate scientific collaboration between researchers from Taiwan and Flanders, the FWO has signed an agreement with the Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST) in Taiwan. Under this agreement, exchange projects between both countries are financed.
- Duration of projects: maximum 2 years
- Stay abroad: maximum 6 weeks
- Total duration of exchange: the maximum duration across all approved projects is 30 weeks per country per year.
- The funding covers the exchange costs. The sending party pays the travel expenses, the host party the living expenses. FWO pays foreign researchers a daily living allowance of €50 (or max. €1,300 per month) + reimbursement of accommodation expenses
- Submission deadline: applications can be submitted at any time
- Announcement of results: variable
- Start of project: variable
Profile and conditions
- You are a member of the independent academic staff (ZAP)
- You are affiliated to a university in the Flemish Community (or to a university college of the corresponding association) or belong to the scientific staff of the Dutch-speaking community of a scientific institute.
- Only researchers at postdoctoral level are eligible for exchange under this programme
You must submit your project proposal simultaneously to FWO and the Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST)
You propose a list of 3 external referees (refer to the regulations to see who is eligible). One referee will be asked for advice
- The Panel of International Scientific Contacts (CIWC) evaluates your application
- The decision is made in consultation with MOST