Organisation of a scientific conference in Belgium
This grant, intended as co-funding, supports the organisation of scientific conferences in Belgium in which the international dimension and the cooperation between the host institutions central elements of the programme are.
International scientific conferences are an important means of stimulating scientific debate, disseminating knowledge and developing informal networks.
- The maximum allowance is 5.000 EUR to be used for the following types of expenses:
- organisation of the conference
- management (secretariat) and translation costs
- printing of reports
- travel and accommodation expenses of foreign speakers
- Submission deadline: at least 6 months before the start of the conference
Profile and conditions
- The scientific and organising committee must include members of the independent academic staff (or equivalent staff categories) of at least two different Belgian scientific institutions, including one from the Flemish Community (for further detail, consult regulations).
- It is essential that international keynote speakers are present.
- Applications for a conference in the buildings of the Academia Belgica in Rome and organised by the Academia Belgica or the Belgian Historical Institute are eligible as well.
- Also eligible are scientific conferences (co-)organised by researchers affiliated to a Flemish university, the Hogere Zeevaartschool, the Vlerick Management School, the Antwerp Management School and/or the Institute of Tropical Medicine, and related to the activities of the Belgian School at Athens (EBSA) or the Netherlands-Flemish Institute in Cairo (NVIC).
- As the responsible spokesperson you are appointed:
- as an independent academic staff member of
- a Flemish university, or of
- the Evangelical Protestant Faculty in Leuven, or of
- the Faculty for Protestant Theology in Brussels
- or as an (associated) professor or (full) professor (or positions with equivalent English titles) with PhD affiliated to
- the Hogere Zeevaartschool, or to
- the Vlerick Management School, or to
- the Antwerp Management School, or to
- the Institute of Tropical Medicine.
- You agree with the Research Integrity Clause.
- The International Collaboration Committee (CIWC) evaluates your application and decides on the allocation of the funding.
Regulations and downloads
- General regulations
These general regulations are applicable for every funding of FWO
- Advice, selection and evaluation criteria
- Regulations for a ‘Grant for organisation of a scientific conference in Belgium’
These regulations include all the conditions and procedures for a ‘Grant for organisation of a scientific conference in Belgium’ at FWO