Advice, selection, and evaluation criteria Grant for a short study visit abroad
- You attach the invitation of the host institution abroad.
- If you are a PhD student, your supervisor or the head of the research unit will be asked for a recommendation letter. In case of belated submission of this recommendation letter, the application for a travel grant will be declared ineligible.
- Your application is submitted to the International Collaboration Committee (CIWC) that will decide on its approval or not.
- Quality of the proposed research and added value of the foreign host group.
- Intrinsic need/added value of the proposed visit in relation to the research (work placement, learning new techniques, archive research, fieldwork, expeditions, …).
- Scientific performance of the applicant to date, taking into account the specificity of the area and his/her age.
- If a choice has to be made: preference for young researchers to the extent that they already have at least one peer-reviewed publication.
- Beneficiaries must send a concise report on their stay to the FWO within three months of their return to Belgium.