The European University Institute (EUI) in Florence is a renowned institute that offers young researchers the unique opportunity to carry out their doctoral research in an international and outstanding scientific context with a European focus on Social Sciences: History and Civilization, Law, Economics, Political and Social Sciences. For the academic year 2017-2018 the FWO will finance two EUI-fellowships for Flemish PhD students. In addition, the FWO will perform the first evaluation round. The EUI is responsible for the final selection of the candidates.
- Period: 4 years
- Monthly grant: € 1.860
- Travel allowance: yes
- Health insurance: yes
- call closed
- Announcement of results: end of April 2017
- Start of fellowship: 1st of September 2017
Profile and conditions
- You hold a Master degree from one of the countries of the EU or the EEA or Switzerland.
- You have been a resident of Flanders or Brussels capital, and you have studied /worked/be affiliated at a university or research institute in Flanders, for the two years prior to the deadline for applications.
- You hold a Master degree (the degree must be awarded before 31 August 2017). If, on the deadline for applications, you are older than 31 years, you must have obtained this degree no longer than 5 years ago.
- You have not previously received an FWO fellowship (not even in part).
- You can apply maximum two times for the same fellowship.
- On the deadline of the call, you have three years scientific seniority at most.
- You agree with the Research Integrity Clause.
- You submit your application via the online tool of the EUI.
- The eligibility of the applications is checked by the FWO/EUI.
- The eligible applications are presented to the ‘EUI Advisory Committee’ of the FWO.
- The ranking of the ‘EUI Advisory Committee’ is presented to the EUI.
- The EUI makes a pre-selection and invites the best candidates for an interview.
- The EUI selects two candidates for funding.
- The EUI informs the candidates of all developments of the application.
Regulations and downloads
- Eligibility criteria regarding the Flemish EUI Fellowships
Here you can find the specific eligibility criteria to apply for Flemish EUI Fellowships of the FWO.