The ICM-FWO Fellowship is a specific funding channel to prepare young and promising researchers to complete their PhD based on high-quality research in the field of management sciences, from various basic disciplines, interdisciplinary and practice-oriented.
- Period: 1 year, renewable twice
- Net grant amount: minimum € 1,897.76
- Fixed bench fee: €3,720/year
Study period abroad in the second year (payment of one round trip to host country + tuition fee up to €20,000)
- Announcement of results: 27 June 2018
- Start of fellowship: 01 October 2018
- Success rate 2017: 100 %
Profile and conditions
- You have a master degree from one of the countries of the EU or the EER or Switzerland.
- If, on October 1, you are older than 31 years, you must have obtained this degree no longer than 5 years ago (see regulations for details).
- You have not previously received an FWO fellowship (not even in part).
- You can apply maximum two times for the same fellowship.
- You have maximum three years of scientific seniority on October 1.
- A study period abroad in the course of the second fellowship year is mandatory; the candidate is responsible for obtaining permission to enrol at a foreign institution. This study period must be included in the work schedule and be of demonstrable added value to the candidate's PhD research.
- You agree with the Research Integrity Clause
- You contact a supervisor affiliated to a Flemish university
- The supervisor undertakes to properly coach and guide you as doctorandus.
- The supervisor is asked by the FWO to write a letter of recommendation.
- You submit your application via the online application.
- For this call there is no written exam
- The jury ranks the applications and presents a funding proposal.
- The Board of Trustees decides on the appointment.
- You can ask for feedback on the decision.
- More information
Regulations and downloads
- Example of an application form
- guide for applicants
- Regulations for ICM-FWO Fellowships
These regulations contain all conditions, procedures, etc. to apply for an ICM-FWO Fellowship with the FWO.
- guide for applicants
This guide contains all information to prepare for your application
- General regulations
These general regulations apply to all funding provided by the FWO.
- Regulations for bench fees of FWO fellows
These regulations contain all information about the bench fees for PhD and Postdoctoral Researchers of the FWO.
- Advice, selection and evaluation criteria
Advice, selection and evaluation criteria to apply for a research project with the FWO.
The following forms are now available via the e-portal:
- Application for bicycle allowance
- Cumulation request
- Restrictions of assignments
- Notice of stay abroad
- Notice of assignments