INCOMING [PEGASUS]² Marie Skłodowska-Curie Fellowships
In the current programme framework, there will be no future calls
With the INCOMING [PEGASUS]² Marie Skłodowska-Curie fellowships the FWO wishes to attract excellent postdoctoral researchers to the Flemish Community in order to contribute to the improvement of Flemish research on the one hand and to the internationalization of research in general on the other hand. Moreover, the FWO aims to provide these INCOMING [PEGASUS]² MSCA fellows the unique opportunity to further develop their research career by offering them an international research experience in an attractive research framework.
- Incoming fellowships with a duration of three years intended for:
- foreign postdoctoral researchers who wish to carry out their research in the Flemish Community
- postdoctoral researchers with the Belgian nationality who currently carry out research abroad and wish to proceed their research in the Flemish Community.
- It is allowed to carry out research in cooperation with the non-academic sector
- Salary scale of PhD Assistant (according to the Decree of the Flemish Government of 4 May 2001 (Belgian Official Gazette, 9 January 2002): minimum € 29.069,73 - maximum € 45.317,25
- Additional: mobility allowance of € 600 per month + yearly bench fee of € 4.000
- One-time return trip to Brussels for the fellow
In the current programme framework, there will be no future calls.
Profile and conditions?
- You hold a PhD.
- You obtained your PhD no longer than three years ago.
- In the three years preceding the start of the fellowship (calculated on the date of the 1st of October 2016 or 1st of January2017), you have not stayed in Belgium for longer than 12 months.
- You agree with the Research Integrity Clause
- You contact a head of a research unit at a university in the Flemish Community or at officially registered higher education institutions that can award a PhD degree, or at one of the following institutions:
- Vlerick Business School (VLERICK)
- Antwerp Management School (UAMS)
- Institute of Tropical Medicine (ITG)
- Institute of Development Policy and Management (IOB)
- Institute for European Studies (IES)
- Institute of Jewish Studies (IJS)
- Antwerp Maritime Academy (Nautical Sciences)
Where appropriate, the research project can be done in collaboration with Flemish or federal scientific institutions.
- You complete your online application in English through the online form (FWO e-portal) and complete all necessary personal info on the FWO e-portal. For submissions within the second call the official application form will be made available online in March 2016. However, an example can already be consulted in the section ‘Regulations and Downloads’.
- The head of the research unit writes a recommendation letter at the request of the FWO.
- You propose a list of 10 referees in your application (refer to the internal and external peer review regulations to see who is eligible). Attention: nor referees with a Belgian affiliation nor referees from the institution to which the candidate was affiliated in the last three years preceding the application (01/01/n-3) are allowed!
- At least 2 referees will be asked for advice.
- Your application is submitted to the FWO Expert Panels.
- The Expert Panels report to the International Collaboration Committee, which compiles an overall ranking.
- The International Collaboration Committee reports to the Board of Trustees.
- The Board of Trustees decides on the appointment.
- After this decision the results will be published immediately online at www.fwo.be.
- Within a week the applicants will be informed by e-mail about the approval/rejection of their application.
- Within two months all the applicants will receive a complete feedback report.
Regulations and downloads
- General Regulations
These general regulations are applicable for every funding of FWO.
- Regulations for INCOMING [PEGASUS]² Marie Skłodowska-Curie fellowships
These regulations contain all conditions, procedures, … to apply for an INCOMING [PEGASUS]² Marie Skłodowska-Curie fellowship at FWO.
- FAQ INCOMING [PEGASUS]² Marie Skłodowska-Curie Fellowships
- Main differences between a regular FWO postdoctoral fellowship and a [PEGASUS]2 Marie Skłodowska-Curie fellowship
- The European Charter for Researchers and The Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers
The following documents are available on the e-portal:
- Application for a bicycle mileage compensation
- Restriction of the duties
- Notification of a stay abroad
- Notification tasks – Postdoctoral researcher