Renewed programme: Junior postdoctoral fellowship
The postdoctoral fellowships are intended to support researchers who have only recently completed their PhD, in developing an independent, international research career. For the funding of a limited number of fellowships, the FWO collaborates with VITO.
- Period: 3 years
- Salary scale: minimum € 4,053.81 - maximum € 6,319.49
- NEW CALL OPENS ON 24 SEPTEMBER 2018
- Deadline: 3 December 2018
- Announcement of results: June 2019
- Start of fellowship: 1 October 2019 of 1 November 2019 (at the choice of the candidate)
Profile and conditions
- You hold a PhD by thesis or a degree or a diploma or certificate recognised as equivalent in accordance with European Union directives or a bilateral agreement
- You can apply for a junior postdoctoral fellowship in the first 3 years after obtaining your PhD (date of PhD degree), calculated from October 1 of the year in which the fellowship commences.
- You have not previously received a similar fellowship (not even in part).
- You can apply maximum two times for the same fellowship.You can apply for a senior postdoctoral fellowship immediately after you junior postdoctoral fellowship
- You agree with the Research Integrity Clause
- Transitional measures
- You contact a supervisor affiliated to a Flemish university
- The supervisor is asked by the FWO to write a letter of recommendation.
- You complete your application online
- The applications are submitted to the FWO Expertpanels.
- in March, after the preseslection, you can be invited for a second round with interview
- If you are selected for the second round, you'll be interviewed by the panel in the month May or June
- The Expertpanels report to the Board of Trustees
- The Board of Trustees decides on the appointment.
- You can ask for feedback on the decision.
Regulations and downloads
- General regulations
These general regulations are applicable for every funding of FWO
- Regulations for Postdoctoral Fellowship (valid from call 2019)
These regulations contain all conditions to apply for an FWO-Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Regulations for the bench fee of FWO fellows
These regulations contain all information concerning the bench fee for FWO-PhD Fellowships and postdctoral fellowships