Pegasus Marie Curie Fellowships
The purpose of the Pegasus Marie Curie Fellowship is to attract excellent postdoctoral researchers to Flanders in order to contribute to the advancement of Flemish research. The fellowship provides the selected fellows with optimal conditions to further develop their research career in Flanders or abroad.
- Pegasus Long: Postdoctoral fellowships of 3 years at a Flemish university, once renewable
- Pegasus Short: Postdoctoral fellowships of 1 year at a Flemish university
- Salary scale: minimum €29,069.73 - maximum €45,317.25
- Submission deadline: 2 May 2014 at 17h00 (call only for Pegasus Short fellowships)
- Announcement of results: 25 June 2014 and 19 November 2014
- Start of fellowship: 1 October 2014 and 1 January 2015
- Success rate 2013:
- Pegasus Long: 17%
- Pegasus short: 19%
Profile and conditions
- You hold a PhD.
- You obtained your PhD no longer than six years (Pegasus Long) or ten years (Pegasus Short) ago.
- In the three years preceding the start of the fellowship, you have been active abroad for at least two years.
- You contact a supervisor affiliated to a Flemish university
- You propose a list of 10 referees (refer to the internal and external peer review regulations to see who is eligible).
- The head of the research unit or supervisor writes a recommendation letter at the request of the FWO.
- You complete your application online
- Your application is submitted to the FWO Expert Panels.
- The Expert Panels report to the International Collaboration Committee, which compiles an overall ranking.
- The International Collaboration Committee reports to the Board of Trustees.
- The Board of Trustees decides on the appointment.
Regulations and downloads
- Example of an application form
Here you can find an example of the application form with screenshots
- General regulations
These general regulations are applicable for every funding of FWO
- Regulations for Pegasus Marie Curie Fellowships
These regulations contain all conditions to apply for an Pegasus Marie Curie Fellowship
- Pegasus - Guidelines for Applicants
These guidelines help you in writing your application