The postdoctoral fellowships are intended to support researchers who have only recently completed their PhD, in developing an independent, international research career.
- Period: 3 years, renewable once
- Salary scale: minimum €29,069.73 - maximum €45,317.25
- Call closed
- Announcement of results: 22 June 2016
- Start of fellowship: 1 October 2016
- Success rate 2015: 21,34%
Profile and conditions
- You hold a PhD.
- You can apply for a postdoctoral fellowship in the first 3 years after obtaining your PhD (date of PhD degree), calculated from June 1 of the year of applying.
- You have not previously received a similar fellowship (not even in part).
- You can apply maximum two times for the same fellowship.
- You agree with the Research Integrity Clause
- You contact a head of a research unit at a Flemish university
- You propose a list of 10 referees (refer to the regulations to see who is eligible).
- The head of the research is invited to write a recommendation letter.
- You complete your application online
- The FWO Expertpanels evaluate your application.
- The Expertpanels compile a ranking, which will be used as basis by the Flemish universities to formulate a funding proposal.
- The Board of Trustees endorses the proposals.
- You can ask for feedback on the decision.
- More information
Regulations and downloads
- guide for applicants
This guide can provide all usefull information for your application
- General regulations
These general regulations are applicable for every funding of FWO
- Regulations for Postdoctoral Fellowship
These regulations contain all conditions to apply for an FWO-Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Regulations for the bench fee of FWO fellows
These regulations contain all information concerning the bench fee for FWO-PhD Fellowships and postdctoral fellowships
- Advice, selection and evaluation criteria
Here you can find all advice, selecion and evalution criteria for an FWO- Postdoctoral fellowship