New programme: Senior postdoctoral fellowship (call opens in September 2018)
The postdoctoral fellowships are intended to support researchers who have only recently completed their PhD, in developing an independent, international research career. For the funding of a limited number of fellowships, the FWO collaborates with VITO.
- Period: 3 years
- Salary scale: minimum € 4,053.81 - maximum € 6,319.49
- NEW CALL OPENS IN SEPTEMBER 2018
- Deadline: 1 December 2018
- Announcement of results: June 2019
- Start of fellowship: 1 October 2019 of 1 November 2019 (at the choice of the candidate)
Profile and conditions
- You hold a PhD by thesis or a degree or a diploma or certificate recognised as equivalent in accordance with European Union directives or a bilateral agreement
- You can apply for a senior postdoctoral fellowship if your PhD degree, with as reference point the date mentioned on the PhD degree, was awarded minimum three years and maximum six years before the first of October of the year in which the fellowship commences.
- You have not previously received a similar fellowship (not even in part).
- You can apply maximum two times for the same fellowship.
- You can always apply for a senior postdoctoral fellowship if you have previously enjoyed a junior postdoctoral fellowship. In that case, the senior postdoctoral fellowship must immediately follow the junior postdoctoral fellowship.
- You can also apply if you have not had a postdoctoral fellowship from the FWO before. In that case, you must prove that you have a postdoctoral research experience of minimum 2 years on the first of October of the year in which the fellowship commences
- You agree with the Research Integrity Clause
- You contact a supervisor affiliated to a Flemish university
- The supervisor is asked by the FWO to write a letter of recommendation.
- You complete your application online
- The applications are submitted to the FWO Expertpanels.
- in March, after the preseslection, you can be invited for a second round with interview
- If you are selected for the second round, you'll be interviewed by the panel in the month May or June
- The Expertpanels report to the Board of Trustees
- The Board of Trustees decides on the appointment.
- You can ask for feedback on the decision.
Regulations and downloads
- General regulations
These general regulations are applicable for every funding of FWO
- Regulations for Postdoctoral Fellowship (valid from call 2019)
These regulations contain all conditions to apply for an FWO-Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Regulations for the bench fee of FWO fellows
These regulations contain all information concerning the bench fee for FWO-PhD Fellowships and postdctoral fellowships