Research Grant “Rik en Nel Wouters donation”
The Research Grant "Rik en Nel Wouters Donation" supports the top-ranked candidate as determined by the Cancer Research Expert Panel, with an individual research expense grant. The "Rik en Nel Wouters Donation" patronage enables the FWO to fund an extra research expense grant.
- Grant in the amount of €5,000 to purchase equipment and/or to cover bench fees.
- Call closed
- Announcement of results: 28 June 2017
- Start of fellowship: 1 October 2017
Profile and conditions
- You are of Belgian nationality or belong to one of the member states of the EU, the EEA or Switzerland.
- You hold a Master's degree.
- If, on October 1, you are older than 31 years, you must have obtained this degree no longer than 5 years ago (see regulations for details).
- You have not previously received an FWO fellowship (not even in part).
- You can apply maximum two times for the same fellowship.
- You agree with the Research Integrity Clause
- You contact a supervisor affiliated to a Flemish university
- The supervisor undertakes to properly coach and guide you as doctorandus.
- The supervisor is asked by the FWO to write a letter of recommendation.
- Your application must be accompanied by a motivation letter (max. 1 page in English)
- The applications are submitted to the FWO Expert Panels.
- The Expert Panels compile a ranking, which will be used as basis by the Flemish universities to formulate a funding proposal.
- The Board of Trustees decides on the appointment.
- You can ask for feedback on the decision.
Regulations and downloads
- General regulations
These general regulations are applicable for every funding of FWO
- Regulations for PhD Fellowship
These regulations contain all conditions to apply for an FWO-PhD Fellowship
- Regulations for the bench fee of FWO fellows
These regulations contain all information concerning the bench fee for FWO-PhD Fellowships and postdctoral fellowships
- Advice, selection and evaluation criteria
Here you can find all advice, selecion and evalution criteria for an FWO- PhD fellowship
The following forms can be found on the e-loket:
- Activity report