EOS Research project
The EOS-programme wants to promote joint research between researchers in the Flemish and French-speaking community by funding joint fundamental research projects in any scientific discipline.
- Period: 4 years, with a call for proposals every four years.
- EOS Consortium: consists out of research groups from both the Flemish and French-speaking community, with the possibility to add additional research groups from federal or foreign research organizations.
- Total yearly budget per EOS consortium: between € 450,000 to € 1,000,000.
- Eligible costs: staff, consumables, and equipment.
- Deadline: 4 April 2017 - 2pm.
- Announcement of results: December 2017.
- Project start: 1 January 2018.
Profile and conditions
- As a consortium you need consumables, equipment, and personnel grants.
- Your research will be carried out at for this programme eligible host institution (see Article 3, 4, 5 and 6 of the EOS regulations).
- Every EOS consortium has one coordinator-spokesperson and every research group part of the consortium has a principal investigator, possibly in collaboration with one or more co-supervisors (see Article 3, 4, 5 and 6 of the EOS regulations).
- Every research group can only be part of one EOS consortium per application round. In practice this means that for this application round each researcher can only take up the role of principal investigator (PI) or co-supervisor once. If you decide to be PI of a research group in a certain EOS consortium, you can no longer act as a PI or co-supervisor in another EOS consortium. The same applies when you act as a co-supervisor of a research group in a certain EOS consortium. As a consequence, your name as a PI or co-supervisor can appear only once in the entire EOS application round.
- All material acquired with a grant for consumables/equipment of the FWO shall become the property of the host institution.
- The host institution is the employer of staff remunerated on EOS research projects.
- (Co-)promotors are not allowed any remuneration or accumulation with a remuneration on an EOS research project.
- Lump sums are no longer applicable: the estimated real cost must be given (see HR or responsible department of your host institution).
- You agree with the Research Integrity Clause.
- The coordinator-spokesperson submits the application in English before the deadline using EOS Semaphore.
- Your application is submitted to a number of international referees for evaluation. FWO/FNRS will identify these referees.
- The coordinator-spokesperson will be allowed to write a rebuttal within five working days after receiving the anonymized international referee reports.
- A high-level international interdisciplinary ad hoc panel will assess the EOS projects, taking into account the international peer-review and rebuttal of the coordinator-spokesperson. The panel ranks the applications based on excellence. The ranking is binding.
- The board of trustees of FWO/F.R.S-FRNS decides on the appointment.
- The coordinator-spokesperson will receive feedback on the decision.
Regulations and downloads
- Template EOS Consent Form Type II, III and IV Institutions
- Template EOS Project Proposal
- Template Motivation EOS Consortium
- Guide for applicants
This guide can provide all useful information for your application.
- General regulations
These general regulations are applicable for every funding of FWO.
- Regulations for EOS research projects
These regulations contain all conditions to apply for an EOS research project.
- Info session presentation
This presentation, used during the launch event of the EOS programme, contains all details on the regulations.
- EOS Logo
All researchers should use this logo whenever outcome resulting from the EOS-project is presented.