Research project Kom op tegen Kanker
In the context of the ‘Kom op tegen Kanker’ campaign, the FWO awards an allowance of €500,000 to support a project conducting research in the area of the campaign theme. The theme for this call is 'Research about late effects of treatment of cancer survivors'.
- Biennial call
- Period: 2 year
- Staff and bench fee: minimum €45,000 - maximum €130,000
- Additional equipment / matching funding: maximum €150,000
- Theme: Research about late effects of treatment of cancer survivors
- Call closed
- Announcement of results: 22 November 2017
- Start of project: 1 January 2018
Profile and conditions
- As a team of researchers you need bench fees, equipment and personnel grants.
- Your research will be carried out under the supervision of a university in the Flemish Community or at officially registered higher education institutions that can award a PhD degree, and, where appropriate, in collaboration with Flemish or federal scientific institutions.
- Your research relates to the theme of the "Kom op tegen Kanker" campaign.
- Your research project will be carried out under the direction of a supervisor, possibly in collaboration with one or more co-supervisors.
- All material acquired under a bench fee or equipment grant of the FWO shall become the property of the university.
- The host institution is the employer of staff remunerated under research projects.
- Supervisors and co-supervisors are not allowed any remuneration or accumulation with a remuneration under a research project.
- You agree with the Research Integrity Clause
- You propose a list of 10 external referees (refer to the regulations to see who is eligible).
- Your application is submitted to a number of these referees for evaluation.
- A dedicated FWO Expert Panel evaluates your application.
- This Expert Panel reports to the Board of Trustees.
- The Board of Trustees decides on the appointment.
- You can ask for feedback on the decision.
- More information
Regulations and downloads
- Example of an application form
- General regulations
These general regulations are applicable for every funding of FWO
- Regulations for Research projects
These regulations contain all conditions to apply for an FWO Research Project
- Advice, selection and evaluation criteria
Here you can find all advice, selecion and evalution criteria for an FWO Research Project