BiR&D Multi-Disciplinary PhD Award 2018
The Belgian Industrial Research and Development Board (BiR&D) attaches great importance to industrial valorisation and societal relevance. With the patronage of BiR&D, the FWO and the Fonds de la Recherche Scientifique – FNRS annually awards the BiR&D Multi-Disciplinary PhD Thesis Award, in recognition of a PhD thesis that presents an original and multidisciplinary contribution with potential industrial valorisation and societal relevance. In 2018 two prizes will be awarded, one in the domain of “Life & Health Sciences” and one in the domain of “Science & Technology”.
- 2 Prizes to the amount of €10,000 each
- in recognition of a PhD thesis with societal relevance that presents an original and multidisciplinary contribution with potential industrial valorisation.
Profile and conditions
- You are a young, promising researcher.
- You have obtained your PhD at a Belgian university between 1 November 2016 and 31 October 2017. the PhD degree is obtained following the successful (public) defence of a thesis.
- Call closed
- Attach your CV (including a publicatoin list) as well as an electronic copy of the PhD thesis.
- Your application is submitted to a jury.
- The jury selects the winner of each prize.
- The Board of Trustees decides on the allocation.
Regulations and downloads
The regulations detail all aspects of the application procedure for the BiR&D Multidisciplinary PhD Award 2018.