Integrated DNA Technologies Postdoctoral Fellowship
On the initiative of the Foundation for Advancing Technology and Community Giving (ATCG Foundation) and Integrated DNA Technologies, the Research Foundation Flanders (FWO) will grant in 2018 a fellowship for postdoctoral research abroad in the field of Life Sciences, with a priority for molecular biology research. This fellowship is to be used for a 1-year research stay abroad during the academic year 2018-2019.
The Fellowships consist of a fixed allowance of 1,650 euros per month and a travel grant (one return ticket to destination). The allowance may be used for accommodation, daily living expenses, expenses related to the research or training undertaken in the course of the Fellowship, and local transportation. In addition Integrated DNA Technologies offers a product grant of 15,000 euros, which will be issued to the host institution at the start of the fellowship period.
Profile & Conditions
The Integrated DNA Technologies Fellowship can be awarded to doctoral students in the final stages of their PhD or junior postdoctoral researchers who are planning on carrying out a year of postdoctoral research abroad. Applicants can be either Belgian citizens or Belgian residents and will have to be affiliated to a Flemish university as a postdoctoral researcher for at least the entire duration of the research stay. Beneficiaries of clinical PhD fellowships are eligible.
Selection criteria for the applicants are:
- the applicant is a Belgian citizen or resident;
- at the time of deadline, the applicant resides in Belgium;
- the applicant has completed or will complete his/her PhD by the end of the academic year AND either has begun his/her postdoctoral research in the last 12 months prior to the deadline or will begin his/her postdoctoral research within 12 months after the deadline.
- The applicant’s field of research is life sciences (with a priority for molecular biology);
- The applicant is affiliated to a Flemish university as a postdoctoral researcher for at least the entire duration of the research stay;
- The applicant is an excellent student and researcher.
Applications have to be submitted on May 1, 2018 at the latest. The application file is composed of:
- the application form, filled in in English;
- a detailed curriculum vitae (including a list of publications);
- a letter of reference by the applicant’s PhD supervisor or head of service;
- a personal motivation letter; please be certain to explain why you want to go to the chosen host institution and how the stay abroad would benefit your research;
- an invitation letter from the foreign host institution, acknowledging that you will be accepted for the duration of the Fellowship in case you are selected.