Scientific Award Foundation AstraZeneca - Bioinformatics 2016
The Foundation AstraZeneca attaches great importance to promoting research into bioinformatics. On the initiative of the Foundation AstraZeneca, the FWO and F.R.S.-FNRS will in 2016 award a scientific prize in recognition of innovative research in this area.
- Prize amounting to 25,000 EURO.
- Rewards research in the field of bioinformatics, with a focus on health economic research or health services research, positively impacting societal access to health care.
- The prize is intended to reward established investigators on the basis of his/her previous work, with a perspective of future development in the same field.
Profile and conditions
- You have a PhD.
- The applicant cannot have reached the age of 45 on the date of submission deadline.
- The prize can only be given to an individual scientist from postdoctoral level onwards. The applicant’s research activities have been carried out in Belgium in a biomedical context for at least five years prior to the submission deadline.
- Submit your candidacy using the appropriate form, filled in correctly and completely (in English), before September 1, 2016.
- Your candidacy is submitted to a jury.
- The jury selects the laureate.
- The Board of Trustees decides on the allocation.