Scientific Prize Gustave Boël - Sofina Fellowships
The FWO aims to encourage the mobility of researchers as much as possible. Through the help of the Koning Boudewijnstichting, acting on behalf of the Platform for Education and Talent, talented young researchers can apply for a Gustave Boël – Sofina Fellowship to go abroad for a research or training stay of either 6 months or 12 months.
The Gustave Boël – Sofina Fellowships cover travel costs and include a fixed allowance of 1,650 Euro per month. This monthly allowance may be used for accommodation, daily living expenses, expenses related to the research or training undertaken in the course of the Fellowship, and local transportation.
- Fellowship for a 6 or 12 month research or training stay at a host institution of the applicant’s choice in all countries worldwide.
- Amount: travel expenses and a fixed monthly allowance of €1,650
- The grant can be used for housing, daily living expenses, local transport or for research or training related expenses.
- For expenses in excess of €500, proof of payment is required.
Profile and conditions
- You are a doctoral student (max. MA + 4 yrs.), affiliated to a Belgian university for at least 12 months prior to the submission deadline (October 31, 2016) and for the entire duration of your stay abroad.
- You have distinguished yourself during your studies.
- You have a good command of English or the relevant language(s) at the host institution and the topic of your training and research.
- You submit your candidacy using the appropriate form. Applications have to be submitted before November 1, 2016.
- Attach a detailed CV (with a list of publications), a motivation letter, a letter of reference from your supervisor or the head of your research unit, an invitation letter from the foreign host institute and a detailed CV of the foreign host institute’s head.
- The jury evaluates all application files
- The Board of Trustees decides on the allocation.