The European University Institute (EUI) in Florence is a renowned institute that offers young researchers the unique opportunity to carry out their doctoral research in an international and outstanding scientific context with a European focus on Social Sciences: History and Civilization, Law, Economics, Political and Social Sciences. For the academic year 2018-2019 the FWO will finance two EUI-fellowships for Flemish PhD students. In addition, the FWO will perform the first evaluation round. The EUI is responsible for the final selection of the candidates.
- Period: 4 years
- Monthly grant: € 1.860
- Travel allowance: yes
- Health insurance: yes
- Announcement of results: end of April 2018
- Start of fellowship: 1st of September 2018
Profile and conditions
- You obtained a Master degree at a Flemish university institute (the degree must be awarded before 31 August 2018). If, on the deadline for applications, you are older than 31 years, you must have obtained this degree no longer than 5 years ago. If you have more than one Master’s degree, this rule applies only to the degree obtained in the same area of study as the PhD proposal. The 1st Master's degree must in any case have been obtained no more than 10 years before the start date of the fellowship (1 September), regardless of the area of study. This restriction is extended by one year per period of at least 3 months of maternity leave or per continuous period of at least 3 months full-time parental leave which was taken between the date of the master degree in question and the application.
- You have not previously received any FWO fellowship (not even partly).
- You can apply maximum two times for the same fellowship.
- On the deadline of the call, you have three years scientific seniority at most.
- You agree with the Research Integrity Clause.
- You submit your application via the online tool of the EUI.
- The eligibility of the applications is checked by the FWO/EUI.
- The eligible applications are presented to the ‘EUI Advisory Committee’ of the FWO.
- The ranking of the ‘EUI Advisory Committee’ is presented to the EUI.
- The EUI makes a pre-selection and invites the best candidates for an interview.
- The EUI selects two candidates for funding.
- The EUI informs the candidates of all developments of the application.
Regulations and downloads
- Eligibility criteria regarding the Flemish EUI Fellowships
Here you can find the specific eligibility criteria to apply for Flemish EUI Fellowships of the FWO.