Nokia Bell Scientific Award
Thanks to the financial support of Nokia Belgium, the Research Foundation – Flanders (FWO) and the Fund for Scientific Research (F.R.S.-FNRS) may award the yearly Nokia Bell Scientific Award. Nokia is shaping the technologies at the heart of our connected world, to transform the human experience. This Nokia Bell Scientific Award rewards the PhD thesis that brings the most original contribution in the field of information and communication technologies in one of these topics:
‐ Virtual/augmented reality
‐ The Internet of Things (IoT)
‐ Pervasive/ubiquitous/neuromorphic computing
‐ Augmented/artificial/cognitive intelligence
‐ Big data and analytics
‐ Edge and cloud computing
‐ Software engineering for cyber‐physical systems
‐ Self‐constructing and autonomous systems
- Optical communication
- In-home networking
- Signal processing
- Prize amounts to €8,000
- in recognition of an outstanding PhD thesis in information and communication technology
Profile and conditions
- The Prize is intended for an individual researcher who has obtained his/her PhD thesis from a Belgian university or from the Royal Military Academy of Belgium between January 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017.
- Candidates must be affiliated to a university or research institute in a research position on the submission deadline of April 3, 2018
- You are not employed by Nokia Belgium or its subsidiaries.
- Apply using the appropriate form on April 3, 2018 at the latest.
- Your candidacy is submitted to a scientific jury composed of experts and selects the winner.