The ICM-FWO Fellowship is a specific funding channel to prepare young and promising researchers to complete their PhD based on high-quality research in the field of management sciences, from various basic disciplines, interdisciplinary and practice-oriented.
- Period: 1 year, renewable twice
- Net grant amount: minimum € 1,897.76
- Fixed bench fee: €3,720/year
Study period abroad in the second year (payment of one round trip to host country + tuition fee up to €20,000)
- Call closed
- Announcement of results: 28 June 2017
- Start of fellowship: 01 October 2017
- Success rate 2016: 30%
Profile and conditions
- You have a master degree from one of the countries of the EU or the EER or Switzerland.
- If, on October 1, you are older than 31 years, you must have obtained this degree no longer than 5 years ago (see regulations for details).
- You have not previously received an FWO fellowship (not even in part).
- You can apply maximum two times for the same fellowship.
- You have maximum three years of scientific seniority on October 1.
- A study period abroad in the course of the second fellowship year is mandatory; the candidate is responsible for obtaining permission to enrol at a foreign institution. This study period must be included in the work schedule and be of demonstrable added value to the candidate's PhD research.
- You agree with the Research Integrity Clause
- You contact a supervisor affiliated to a Flemish university
- The supervisor undertakes to properly coach and guide you as doctorandus.
- The supervisor is asked by the FWO to write a letter of recommendation.
- You submit your application via the online application.
- The FWO organises a mandatory written admission test for candidates for an ICM-FWO Fellowship on March 6, 2017 (9:00-13:00). At this admission test, candidates are asked to answer a number of transversal questions; candidates can prepare for this with the papers on this year's reading list. These papers will be available to the applicants during the test (pdf) and may be used. The admission test is compiled and evaluated by members of the ICM-FWO jury.
- Applications of candidates who have passed the admission test are submitted to the ICM-FWO jury; candidates orally defend their application to the jury.
- The jury ranks the applications and presents a funding proposal.
- The Board of Trustees decides on the appointment.
- You can ask for feedback on the decision.
- More information
Regulations and downloads
- Reading list ICM-FWO 2017
- Example of an application form
- guide for applicants
- Regulations for ICM-FWO Fellowships
These regulations contain all conditions, procedures, etc. to apply for an ICM-FWO Fellowship with the FWO.
- guide for applicants
This guide contains all information to prepare for your application
- General regulations
These general regulations apply to all funding provided by the FWO.
- Regulations for bench fees of FWO fellows
These regulations contain all information about the bench fees for PhD and Postdoctoral Researchers of the FWO.
- Advice, selection and evaluation criteria
Advice, selection and evaluation criteria to apply for a research project with the FWO.
The following forms are now available via the e-portal:
- Application for bicycle allowance
- Cumulation request
- Restrictions of assignments
- Notice of stay abroad
- Notice of assignments