The research grant supports young and/or established researchers with an individual research expense grant.
- Period: variable
- Research and/or equipment expenses: minimum €2,500 - maximum €40,000
- Deadline: 1 April 2017
- Announcement of results: 22 November 2017
- Start of fellowship: 1 January 2018
- Success rate 2016: 16,53%
Profile and conditions
- You are a researcher having acquired a certain amount of continuity in your career up to and including the level of Professor in the rank of Senior Lecturer
- You are affiliated to a university in the Flemish Community. Or to the Evangelical Protestant Faculty in Leuven, the Faculty for Protestant Theology in Brussels, or to a Flemish or federal institute for scientific research.
- You are an independent postdoctoral researcher from the Flemish Community under the direction and responsibility of a Flemish university.
- You agree with the Research Integrity Clause
- The head of the research unit writes a recommendation letter.
- Your application is submitted to the FWO Expertpanels.
- The Expertpanels report to the Board of Trustees.
- The Board of Trustees decides on your appointment.
- More information
Regulations and downloads
- guide for applicants
This guide can provide all usefull information for your application
- General regulations
These general regulations are applicable for every funding of FWO
- Regulations for Research Grant
These regulations contain all conditions to apply for an FWO Research Grant
- Advice, selection and evaluation criteria
Here you can find all advice, selecion and evalution criteria for an FWO Research Grant
The following forms can be found on the e-loket:
- Activity report