The programme 'research project' will be replaced by Junior and Senior research project of which the call opens in December 2018
Research projects are initiated by the researchers. The objective of the FWO's Research projects is to advance fundamental scientific research.
- Period: 4 years, renewable with maximum two years
- Staff and consumables: €45,000 to €130,000
- Additional equipment / matching funding: maximum €150,000
- Call closed
- Announcement of results: 28 November 2018
- Start of project: 1 January 2019
- Success rate 2017: 20,45%
Profile and conditions
- As a team of researchers you need consumables, equipment and personnel grants.
- Your research will be carried out under the supervision of an applicable Flemish host institution (article 3 of the regulations for research project)
- Your research project will be carried out under the direction of a supervisor, possibly in collaboration with one or more co-supervisors. (article 9 of the regulations for research project)
- A researcher can act as (co-)supervisor for maximum two projects per application round. Supervisors who were awarded an FWO-project, should wait one application round before applying again.
- All material acquired with a grant for consumables/equipment of the FWO shall become the property of the university.
- The host institution is the employer of staff remunerated on research projects.
- Supervisors and co-supervisors are not allowed any remuneration or accumulation with a remuneration on a research project.
The real cost is used when the name(s) of the researcher(s) is (are) already known. When the name(s) of the researcher(s) is (are) not yet known, indicative amounts may be used.
- You agree with the Research Integrity Clause
- Take a look at the different research projects you can apply for in 2016
- You propose a list of 10 external referees (refer to the regulations for the eligibility criteria)
- Your application is submitted to a number of these referees for evaluation.
- The FWO Expertpanels evaluate your application.
- The Expertpanels report to the Board of Trustees.
- The Board of Trustees takes the final decision.
- You can ask for feedback on the decision.
- More information
Regulations and downloads
- Example application form
- guide for applicants
This guide can provide all usefull information for your application
- General regulations
These general regulations are applicable for every funding of FWO
- Regulations for Research projects
These regulations contain all conditions to apply for an FWO Research Project
- Advice, selection and evaluation criteria
Here you can find all advice, selecion and evalution criteria for an FWO Research Project
The following forms can be found on the e-loket:
- Template for progress report
- Template for final report