Scientific Prize McKinsey & Company
McKinsey & Company attaches great importance to the promotion of scientific research. Thanks to the patronage of McKinsey & Company, the Research Foundation – Flanders (FWO) and the Fonds de la Recherche Scientifique – FNRS (F.R.S.-FNRS) can annually award two scientific prizes in recognition of a PhD in one of the following areas:
- exact sciences
- applied sciences
- social, economic or management sciences
- biomedical sciences
One scientific prize is awarded to a young researcher from the Flemish Community, and one to a young researcher from the Fédération Wallonie-Bruxelles. The researcher needs to demonstrate the social and economic relevance or concrete implementation of his/her PhD.
- Each of the two prizes amounts to €5,000.
- in recognition of original PhD research with practical implementation or social and economic relevance
Profile and conditions
- You have defended your PhD between January 1, 2016 and December, 31 2016
- You are affiliated to a Flemish university on the date of the submission deadline (March 1, 2017).
- You have not previously received a prize for the submitted work.
- Submit your candidacy using the appropriate form on March 1, 2017 at the latest
- Attach your CV and an electronic copy of the PhD.
- Your candidacy is submitted to an ad hoc jury.
- The jury selects the winner of each prize.
- The board of trustees decides on the allocation.