Postdoctoral position in Education Law
National research university Higher school of economics (hereinafter – HSE University) (https://www.hse.ru/en/) is a multilingual, international research University.
We offer competitive, dynamic, and highly empowering fellowship with HSE University. It is our utmost priority to ensure successful candidates unleash the best of their talent and resource by joining HSE University‘s top-expertise research teams.
HSE University is looking within its Institute of Education (https://ioe.hse.ru/en/), Center for Education Law for 2 positions of Research Associate (post-doc) on projects in the field of International, Comparative and National Education Law.
The research associate should work within the research projects of the Center for Education Law, especially in the following fields:
- Federalism in Education;
- Right to and in Education;
- Inequality and Social Exclusion in Education (at all levels of education)
- Accountability and Autonomy in Education.
- Analysis of National and international Education Law and international Education Indicators.
The tasks of the research associate are the following:
- Conduct desk research on the different topics falling into the scope of the research;
- Draft papers on selected issues linked to the research topics;
- Organise working group meetings;
- Present the results of the research at international conferences and workshops;
- Publish papers in international scientific journals;
- Contribute in preparing further research proposals within the Center for Education Law.
Limited lecturing activities in the related field within the existing curricula at Bachelor, Master or Ph D level are possible.
- Ph.D. in Law, preferably in the field of Constitutional or Administrative Law, EU Law, Human Rights Law, or International Law.
- Strong background in International and comparative Education Law, specific interest in European Education Law;
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of other foreign languages will be considered an advantage;
- Team oriented;
- Excellent research and communication skills (written and oral).
- International working environment and opportunity to work within a team of young, dynamic and motivated researchers;
- Excellent contacts with international and Russian institutions and research groups in neighbouring universities;
- Personal workspace at the University;
- Attractive remuneration.
Applications should be submitted English and must include the following:
- A motivation letter;
- A detailed curriculum vitae with list of publications and copies thereof, if applicable;
- A copy of the Ph.D. certificate;
- The name, current position, and relationship to the applicant, of three referees.
The appointment is normally made for one year starting September 2017 with the possibility of extensio with a second and third year after positive evaluation.
For further information and to apply for the Postdoctoral Program, please email to Dr Szymon Jankiewicz, Head of the Center for Education Law, at email@example.com.
Deadline for application: 1 August 2017.