Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions - Seal of Excellence Postdoctoral Fellowships
The Marie Skłodowska-Curie actions - Seal of Excellence FWO (MSCA SoE FWO) wants to support researchers in the development of an independent, international research career.
For the Marie Skłodowska-Curie actions Individual Fellowship (MSCA IF) 2020 call, fellowships are made available to FWO eligible candidates on the reserve list with a maximum of 8 highest ranked candidates.
- Period: 2 years, not renewable
- Salary scale: minimum € 4.134,97 - maximum € 6.446,01
- Bench fee: € 4.000 [pay attention: no flexible bench fee]
- Deadline: 1 March 2021 at 5 PM
- Announcement of results: beginning of April 2021
- Start of fellowship: at the earliest 1 July 2021
Profile and conditions
- For an MSCA SoE FWO only candidates are eligible who have submitted an application for a MSCA IF in a Career Restart Panel (EF-CAR), Reintegration Panel (EF-RI) or Standard European Fellowships Panel (EF- ST) and are ranked on the reserve list of the MSCA programme.
- The MSCA IF application has to be submitted with an for FWO eligible Flemish principle host institution or the Flemish Institution for Biotechnology (VIB) as affiliation, as mentioned in article 4 of the Regulation of the Research Foundation - Flanders governing postdoctoral researcher Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions - Seal of Excellence).
- You have not previously received a similar fellowship (not even in part).
- You agree with the Research Integrity Clause.
- Postdoctoral fellows must submit a report on their scientific activities to the FWO each year. The Cross-Domain Panel (CDP) assesses the reports.
Evaluation and selection procedure
- FWO will select the eight highest ranked applications on the reserve list of MSCA IF applications, being eligible for a MSCA SoE FWO as described above, on the basis of their relative position (being their rank in the panel where the application is evaluated divided by the number of eligible applications submitted in that panel). For ex aequo’s the score given to the concerned applications applies.
- FWO invites the selected candidates to submit an application for a MSCA SoE FWO. If the candidate declines the offer, the next candidate on the reserve list, identified following the selection principles as explained, will be invited.
- If the candidate does not have an e-portal account yet, (s)he must register in the e-portal: https://www.fwo-eloket.be/FWO.ELoket.WebUI/Registratie/Registratie.aspx
- The application must include: 1) the complete application (part A and B) for a MSCA IF, 2) the Evaluation Summary Report and 3) the application form.
- The board of trustees of March 2021 assesses and grants the submitted applications.
- The MSCA IF (European) ranking is followed, so the FWO does not conduct anymore an internal and external peer review.
- If the applications on the reserve list are in the end picked up by the European Commission, no other application will be funded by the FWO.
Regulations and download
- Reglement postdoctoraal mandaat Marie Skłodowska-Curie actions - Seal of Excellence
- Regulations for Postdoctoral Fellowship (valid from call 2019)
- General Regulations
- Regulations for the bench fee of FWO fellows
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for requesting additional info and for specific questions.
For technical (IT) problems regarding e-portal and application modules send an email to the IT helpdesk: FWOhelpdesk@fwo.be.