Cooperation with Argentina
The FWO is keen on promoting international collaboration as a driving force for excellence. That is why the FWO signs agreements with a number of countries for the funding of potential joint exchange projects.
To stimulate and develop collaboration between Argentina and Flanders in the area of scientific research, the FWO has signed an agreement with the Ministry for Science Technology and Productive Innovation of the Argentine Republic (MINCyT). This cooperation is focussed mainly on the exchange of young postdoctoral researchers to conduct joint research projects. The actual projects are funded by other means.
- Duration of projects: 2 years
- Exchange of researchers with special attention to young researchers: During the entire project at least one mission in each direction (from Argentina to Flanders and from Flanders to Argentina) should be performed by a junior researcher with no more than 10 years of postdoctoral experience.
- The funding covers travel and living expenses.
- Travel expenses to the host country, as far as the place of work, are covered by the sending country. The host country pays the living expenses.
- FWO pays researcher(s) from Argentina a daily living allowance of € 50 per day (or max. € 1,300 per month).
- MINCyT pays researcher(s) from Flanders a daily living allowance of minimum arg. $ 450 and maximum arg. $ 750 per day (depending on the length of the stay).
- Stay abroad: 1 exchange per year per project in each direction
- For established researchers (more than 10 years postdoctoral experience): from 10 days up to 15 days.
- For early career researchers (less than 10 years postdoctoral experience) : from 20 days up to 30 days.
- Call closed
- Announcement of results: December 2015
- Start of project: 1st of March 2016
Profile and conditions
- You hold a PhD
- You are affiliated to a university in the Flemish Community (or to a university college of the corresponding association) or belong to the scientific staff of the Dutch-speaking community of a scientific institute.
- You must submit your project proposal simultaneously to FWO and MINCyT.
- You propose a list of 3 external referees (refer to the regulations to see who is eligible). Attention: referees from Belgium and Argentina are not allowed!
- One referee will be asked for advice.
- The Panel of International Scientific Contacts (CIWC) evaluates your application.
- The decision as to which projects will be funded is made in consultation with MINCyT.
Regulations and downloads
- Flight- or train tickets in the frame of an FWO grant, can only be booked through a travel agency authorized by the FWO (Uniglobe South West Travel and Omnia Travel). Bookings through another travel agency will not be reimbursed by FWO.
- Be aware: For any travel towards a higher-risk destination, the FWO (travel) grant can only be used in case of a positive advice of the concerned host institution. Please make sure to request this advice at the responsible advisory body of your host institution.