Cooperation with Mexico
The FWO is keen on promoting international collaboration as a driving force for excellence. That is why the FWO signs agreements with a number of countries for the funding of potential exchange projects.
To stimulate collaboration between Flanders and Mexico in the area of scientific research, the FWO has signed an agreement with the CONACyT (Consejo Nacional de Ciencia y Tecnologia). Under this agreement, exchange projects for young postdoctoral researchers are financed.
- Duration of projects: 3 years
- exchange of researchers:
- Each party bears the full costs of its researchers (travel, accommodation and living expenses).
- FWO pays a daily allowance of €66
- Workshop in Flanders: maximum €5,000 for:
- practical organisation of the workshop
- secretarial and translation costs
- printing of a report
- During 2015 CONACyT will perform a review of its international cooperation programmes and therefore no joint call will be launched in the near future.
Profile and conditions
- You are a researcher at postdoctoral level.
- You are affiliated to a university in the Flemish Community (or to a university college of the corresponding association) or belong to the scientific staff of the Dutch-speaking community of a scientific institute.
- You propose a list of 3 external referees (refer to the regulations to see who is eligible)
- One referee will be asked for advice.
- The Panel of International Scientific Contacts (CIWC) evaluates your application.
- Only projects approved by both CONACyT and FWO are eligible for financing.
Regulations and downloads
- Advice, selection and evaluation criteria
- Flight- or train tickets in the frame of an FWO grant, can only be booked through a travel agency authorized by the FWO (Uniglobe South West Travel and Omnia Travel). Bookings through another travel agency will not be reimbursed by FWO.
- Be aware: For any travel towards a higher-risk destination, the FWO (travel) grant can only be used in case of a positive advice of the concerned host institution. Please make sure to request this advice at the responsible advisory body of your host institution.