Cooperation with Turkey
The FWO is keen on promoting international collaboration as a driving force for excellence. That is why the FWO signs agreements with a number of countries for the funding of potential exchange projects.
To develop and strengthen collaboration between Flanders and Turkey in the area of scientific and technological research, the FWO has signed an agreement with the Scientific and Technological Research Council (TÜBITAK). This cooperation involves:
- the execution of joint research projects such as the exchange of research results, scientists, specialists and researchers
- the exchange of individual scientists
- the organisation of and participation in joint scientific meetings, conferences, symposia, courses, workshops, exhibitions.
- the exchange of scientific and technical research results, as well as the exchange of information and documentation arising from the bilateral scientific and technological collaboration
- the joint use of research facilities and scientific equipment
In the following research topics:
- Information and Communication Technologies
- Transport and Mobility
- Materials, Manufacturing and Production Technologies
- Medical Sciences
- Food, Agriculture and, Biotechnology
- Social Sciences and Humanities
- Duration of projects: 2 years
- The funding covers
- travel expenses between Flanders and Turkey
- accommodation, living expenses and domestic travel in both countries
- organisation of joint meetings, conferences and symposia. The request for funding of such a meeting, conference or symposium has to be justified extensively in the initial proposal. Upon approval of the application, the applicant needs to provide the FWO with a more detailed request concerning the event, three months before the effective start of the event using the following form: form organisation workshop Tubitak.
- Each party bears the full costs of its researchers (travel, accommodation and living expenses). FWO pays Flemish researchers a daily living allowance of €66 (or max. €1,650 per month) + travel expenses (travel to be booked through Omnia
- Total duration of the exchange: maximum 2 months per country per year
- Call closed
- Announcement of results: Late June 2015
- Start of project: From September 2015 on
Profile and conditions
- You hold a PhD
- You are affiliated to a university in the Flemish Community (or to a university college of the corresponding association) or belong to the scientific staff of the Dutch-speaking community of a scientific institute.
- You must submit your project proposal simultaneously to FWO and TÜBITAK
- You propose a list of 3 external referees (refer to the regulations to see who is eligible). Attention, in the frame of this call, Turkish referees are not eligible.
- One referee will be asked for advice
- The Panel for International Scientific Contacts (CIWC) evaluates your application
- The decision is made in consultation with TÜBITAK
Regulations and downloads
This protocol contains all the procedures and conditions in the frame of the FWO-TUBITAK agreement.
- Call text
- International exchange projects - template for final reports - DOC
- International exchange projects - template for final reports - PDF
- International exchange project - template for progress reports - DOC
- International exchange projects - template for progress reports - PDF
- From July 1, flight- or train tickets in the frame of an FWO grant, can only be booked through a travel agency authorized by the FWO (Uniglobe Smart Travel Ghent and Omnia Travel). Bookings through another travel agency will not be reimbursed by FWO.