International Coordination Action
With this funding channel, the FWO supports coordination activities of international collaborative associations. The funds are used for general scientific coordination and administrative management of the collaborative association (excluding the actual scientific research).
The collaborative associations concerned are those created within the context of multilateral and supranational bodies such as - but not limited to - EU, UN, OECD, UNESCO, or WHO.
The proposal should help ensure the support and anchoring of an international coordination function in Flanders. The exercise of this function may include several tasks, including general coordination and management of the collaborative association (excluding the execution of scientific research), data management and dissemination, and the development of a portal site.
- Period: 3 years, renewable.
- Maximum annual sum of 75.000 EUR.
- Co-funding (min. 25% of the total costs) by the institution (or institutions) to which the applicant is affiliated: no longer required.
- The funds can be used for staff, bench fees and equipment, provided they are directly related to the coordination activities, the associated data management and dissemination, and the development of a portal site.
- The subsidy allowance cannot be used for costs covered by other funding bodies (e.g. the coordinating role in an excellence network or an integrated project within the European Framework programme).
- Submission deadline: until the 30th of April inclusive (5:00 PM). From 2016 onwards there will be only one submission date. Applications must be submitted before the 30th of April at 5:00 PM (Belgian time). As a result, it will no longer be possible to submit applications with a deadline on the 30th of September (5:00 PM).
- It is important to strive towards maximum cooperation between host institutions in the Flemish community of such International coordination actions. If there are other stakeholders active in Flanders on your research topic, it is recommended to include them in your application.
Profile and conditions
- You are appointed for at least 50% of your time:
- a Flemish university, or of
- the Evangelical Protestant Faculty in Leuven, or of
- the Faculty for Protestant Theology in Brussels
- the Hogere Zeevaartschool, or to
- the Vlerick Management School, or to
- the Antwerp Management School, or to
- the Institute of Tropical Medicine.
- as an independent academic staff member of
- or as an (associated) professor or (full) professor (or positions with equivalent English titles) with PhD affiliated to
- You have been invited by a multilateral or supranational organisation/consortium to take up this coordination function.
- You agree with the Research Integrity Clause.
- The FWO organizes an evaluation of submitted proposals. The Cross-Domain Panel (CDP) performs this evaluation in June.
- The CDP advises the board of trustees, which takes the decisions.
- The International Coordination Action starts next January.