VISITFLANDERS Convention Bureau
VISITFLANDERS Convention Bureau is the official Convention Bureau for Flanders & Brussels, and part of the official tourist authority for the region.
Our mission is to attract International Congresses to Flanders and Brussels, as strategic leverage for growth in priority knowledge domains and economic sectors in Flanders.
We help local committees to bring International congresses to Flanders, and assist the International organisations with free of charge, professional and impartial advice to organise their conference in Flanders & Brussels.
- Liaison with local partners for all your logistics (hotels, conference centres, organisers …)
- Connections to local, regional and national governments, industry stakeholders and academics for support
- Assistance for the bidbook (official proposal to host the congress) together with our local convention bureaus
- Communication support: presentation of the bid to the International Association, promotion of the congress during the previous edition
- Organisation of site inspections and technical visits for the Local Committee and the International Committee to discover the region (venues, hotels, partners …), including International travel and local hospitality for the foreign visitors.
- Partnerships with Flanders Investment & Trade and local sector organisations
- Contact with Brussels Airlines for preferential airfares for congress delegates
- Free use of a welcome desk and lounge at Brussels Airport, available to welcome the congress delegates
- Additional support by the local convention bureau, tailored to the congress. Congress support consists of services in kind; no cash subvention is offered.
3 international association connect Flemish groups of experts and stakeholders (R&D organisations, universities, entrepreneurs, sector organisations, FIT …) with the International organisations. Each expert has extensive know-how and a network within their own key clusters.