Scientific Research Network (WOG)
This grant supports researchers with the coordination of scientific research networks (WOGs). These are international networks of researchers that encourage national and international cooperation as from a postdoctoral level onwards.
These virtual research groups are set up through efficient coordination and intensive collaboration at (inter)national level. They prevent dual usage and provide researchers (from a postdoctoral level onwards) with more development opportunities. A scientific research network places the research of individual and complementary research departments in a wider framework.
- Duration of projects: 5 years, renewable.
- Annual bench fee: maximum 12,500 EUR.
- Unused funds will be returned to the FWO.
- The funding is to be used exclusively for:
- the organization of guest lectures, symposia and scientific collaboration visits from a postdoctoral level onwards;
- travel and accommodation expenses of foreigners;
- fees for established researchers from outside the Flemish Community;
- travel and accommodation expenses of researchers from a postdoctoral level onwards affiliated to the Flemish research departments of the WOG, in charge of carrying out information-gathering activities in foreign research departments;
- secretarial costs for organizing guest colleges, a limited number of symposia, workshops and research coordination meetings;
- Other expenses subject to prior consent by the FWO.
- Call closed
Profile and conditions
- A WOG consists at least of:
- three research units from at least two eligible host institutions within the Flemish Community (see regulations Article 2);
- minimum two research groups from the French Community and/or from abroad
- One of the Flemish research departments acts as the core group. This department must enjoy an international reputation for its high-quality outstanding scientific research.
- A research unit is only allowed to act as core group for a single ongoing WOG.
- A research unit can apply once as a core group in each application round.
- You agree with the Research Integrity Clause.
- Applications must be submitted at the secretariat of the FWO via firstname.lastname@example.org before the 1st of October (5:00 PM) of the year preceding the start year, using the appropriate form. The head of the core group shall send a copy of the application to the head of the host institution. The form can be downloaded below.
- NEW: As from the 1st of January 2018 onwards, the Panel for International Collaboration (CIS) will evaluate the new applications for WOGs and will advise the board of trustees. Reports from ongoing WOGs were still presented to the International Collaboration Committee (CIWC) in 2017.
- The board of trustees decides on the allocation of the funding.