Advice, selection, and evaluation criteria Grant for a long stay abroad
- You attach the invitation of the host institution abroad.
- If you are a PhD student, your supervisor or the head of the research unit will be asked for a recommendation letter. In case of belated submission of this recommendation letter, the application for a travel grant will be declared ineligible.
- Your application is submitted to the International Collaboration Committee (CIWC) that will decide on its approval or not.
- Quality of the proposed research and added value of the foreign host group.
- Intrinsic need/added value of the proposed visit in relation to the research.
- Scientific performance of the applicant to date, taking into account the specificity of the area and his/her age.
- If a choice has to be made: preference for young researchers to the extent that they already have at least one peer-reviewed publication.
- Beneficiaries must submit a detailed scientific report on their stay abroad to the FWO within three months after their return to Belgium.
- They must also send to the FWO a financial justification of the total financing envelope regarding the use of both the FWO grant and of any additional grants obtained from other authorities. The FWO can cover any costs incurred only on the basis of original supporting documents.