Advice, selection, and evaluation criteria Grant for a long stay at an ERC Grantee abroad
- You attach an invitation (Letter of Intent) of the foreign host institution.
- You attach a recommendation letter (Letter of Support) of the foreign researcher who will be hosting you.
- You propose three international referees. One will be asked for advice.
- Your application is submitted to the International Collaboration Committee (CIWC) that will decide on its approval or not.
- Quality of the proposed research and added value of the foreign host group.
- Intrinsic need/added value of the proposed visit in relation to the research.
- Scientific performance of the applicant to date, taking into account the specificity of the area and his/her age.
- If a choice has to be made: preference for young researchers to the extent that they already have at least one peer-reviewed publication.
- Potential of the applicant to obtain an ERC grant.
- Beneficiaries must submit a detailed scientific report on their stay abroad to the FWO within three months after their return to Belgium.
- They must also send to the FWO a financial justification of the total financing envelope regarding the use of both the FWO grant and of any additional grants obtained from other authorities. The FWO can cover any costs incurred only on the basis of original supporting documents.