Advice, selection, and evaluation criteria Grant for participation in a workshop or course abroad
- You attach the acceptance letter for the workshop/course.
- If you are a PhD student, your supervisor or the head of the research unit will be asked for a recommendation letter. In case of belated submission of this recommendation letter, the application for a travel grant will be declared ineligible.
- Your application is submitted to the International Collaboration Committee (CIWC) that will decide on its approval or not.
- Quality of the proposed workshop/course.
- Intrinsic need/added value of the proposed research in relation to the research.
- The added value of the contribution (invited talk) to the workshop/course in case a contribution is made.
- Scientific performance of the applicant to date, taking into account the specificity of the area and his/her age.
- If a choice has to be made: preference for young researchers to the extent that they already have at least one peer-reviewed publication.
- Beneficiaries must send a concise report on their stay to the FWO within three months of their return to Belgium.