The European University Institute (EUI) in Florence is a renowned institute that offers young researchers the unique opportunity to carry out their doctoral research in an international and outstanding scientific context with a European focus on Social Sciences: History and Civilization, Law, Economics, Political and Social Sciences. For the academic year 2019-2020 the FWO will finance two EUI-fellowships for Flemish PhD students. In addition, the FWO will perform the first evaluation round. The EUI is responsible for the final selection of the candidates.
- Period: 4 years
- Monthly grant: € 1.860
- Travel allowance: yes
- Health insurance: yes
- Call closed
- Announcement of results: end of April 2019
- Start of fellowship: 1st of September 2019
Profile and conditions
- At the start of the fellowship (1st of September 2019), candidates must be holder of a Master's degree awarded by a Flemish university institute.
- The Master's degree or equivalent diploma, on the basis of which the application is submitted, must have been obtained not earlier than three years before the deadline of the call.
- On the submission deadline of the call, you have 18 months scientific seniority at most.
- You can apply maximum two times for the same fellowship.
- You have not previously received an EUI-fellowship (not even in partly).
- You agree with the Research Integrity Clause.
- You submit your application via the online tool of the EUI. (submission possible as from 01/11/2018 onwards)
- The eligibility of the applications is checked by the FWO/EUI.
- The eligible applications are presented to the ‘EUI Advisory Committee’ of the FWO.Please make sure to submit a complete research project, including hypothesis, methodology and work plan, for evaluation by the ‘EUI Advisory Committee’.
- The ranking of the ‘EUI Advisory Committee’ is presented to the EUI.
- The EUI makes a pre-selection and invites the best candidates for an interview.
- The EUI selects two candidates for funding.
- The EUI informs the candidates of all developments of the application.
Regulations and downloads
- Eligibility criteria regarding the Flemish EUI Fellowships
Here you can find as from 01/11/2018 onwards the specific eligibility criteria to apply for Flemish EUI Fellowships of the FWO.