Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions - Seal of Excellence Postdoctoral Fellowships
The Marie Skłodowska-Curie actions - Seal of Excellence FWO (MSCA SoE FWO) wants to support researchers in the development of an independent, international research career.
For the Marie Skłodowska-Curie actions Individual Fellowship (MSCA IF) 2018 call, fellowships are made available to FWO eligible candidates on the reserve list with a maximum of 8 highest ranked candidates.
- Period: 2 years, not renewable
- Salary scale: minimum € 4.134,97 - maximum € 6.446,01
- Bench fee: € 4.000 [pay attention: no flexible bench fee]
- Deadline: 1 March 2019 at 5 PM
- Announcement of results: end of March / beginning of April 2019
- Start of fellowship: at the earliest 1 July 2019
Profile and conditions
- You can apply for an MSCA SoE FWO if your MSCA IF application was ranked and ended on the reserve list in a Career Restart Panel (EF-CAR), Reintegration Panel (EF-RI) or Standard European Fellowships Panel (EF- ST)
- In the MSCA IF application an eligible Flemish principle host institution must be taken up (Article 4 of the Regulation of the Research Foundation - Flanders governing postdoctoral researcher Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions - Seal of Excellence). If this was not included in the MSCA IF application, there is the possibility to include another principle host institution eligible for the FWO in the MSCA SoE FWO application with a head of department or equivalent of a research unit.
- You have not previously received a similar fellowship (not even in part).
- You agree with the Research Integrity Clause
- Postdoctoral fellows must submit a report on their scientific activities to the FWO each year. The Cross-Domain Panel (CDP) assesses the reports.
Evaluation and selection procedure
- If you do not have an e-loket account yet, you must register in the e-loket: https://www.fwo-eloket.be/FWO.ELoket.WebUI/Registratie/Registratie.aspx
- You must submit your application via firstname.lastname@example.org
- The application must include: 1) the complete application (part A and B) for a MSCA IF, 2) the Evaluation Summary Report and 3) the application form
- The board of trustees of March 2019 assesses the submitted applications
- The MSCA IF (European) ranking is followed, so the FWO does not conduct an internal and external peer review
- If the applications on the reserve list are in the end picked up by the European Commission, no other application will be funded by the FWO.
Regulations and download
Contact email@example.com for requesting additional info and for specific questions.
For technical (IT) problems regarding e-portal and application modules send an email to the IT helpdesk: FWOhelpdesk@fwo.be.