Baillet Latour Biomedical Award 2024
The Baillet Latour Biomedical Award - Supporting Research Careers in Belgium is conceived as an incentive for the research development of young talented scientists. This award is intended to help them pursue or consolidate their innovative and ground breaking biomedical research projects in Belgium. The Fund also wants to strengthen the status and visibility of these promising young researchers in Belgium. In addition, it wants to assist them in finding additional Belgian and European funding and ensure that they can develop into prominent independent research leaders in their field. Finally, the Fund hopes to contribute to an environment that supports young, new and promising talent in Belgium and that also makes our country more interesting to attract foreign talent.
- Prize amounts to € 1,000,000 spread over 5 years
- Domain: Cancer
- The research project must be conducted in Belgium and involve fundamental, translational or clinical biomedical research.
- Eligible expenses include personnel costs (excluding PI's salary), operating expenses, and equipment. Overhead costs are not eligible.
Profile and conditions
- Young researchers who obtained their PhD maximum 12 years ago and are working at a university, at a university hospital and/or at certain research institutions in Belgium. In more detail:
- Applicants must hold a doctoral degree awarded no more than 12 years prior to the application deadline, i.e., June 30, 2011 (extension possible in case of eligible career break).
- Candidates must be affiliated with a Belgian University, a Belgian University Hospital or an eligible Belgian Research Institute (see regulations).
- Applicants must be employed at their institution until June 30, 2029.
Applications, written in English, must be submitted by June 30, 2023, via the online application system at https://www.blba.be/. The F.R.S-FNRS is responsible for coordinating the selection process.
- Deadline of the call: June 30th, 2023
- First Jury meeting: January 2024
- Second Jury meeting: February 2024
- Start: July 1st, 2024
The regulations, application form and guide for applicants are available on https://www.blba.be/
Fonds Baillet Latour
The Baillet Latour Fund was created in 1974 on the initiative of Count Alfred de Baillet Latour to promote, encourage and reward services of high human value. For more than 45 years, the Fund has been committed to supporting initiatives that stand out for their charisma, their drive for human excellence or their innovative approach to meeting the challenges of tomorrow's society. Currently, the Fund aims to achieve its objectives in four areas: medical research, education, heritage and Olympic sports. More information is available on https://fondsbailletlatour.com/nl/gezondheid and https://www.blba.be/.