Scientific Award AstraZeneca Foundation – Gene editing as a therapeutic approach 2021
The AstraZeneca Foundation attaches great importance to promoting scientific research. On the initiative of the AstraZeneca Foundation, the FWO and F.R.S.-FNRS will give in 2021 a scientific award in recognition of innovative scientific research leading to novel insights on gene editing as a therapeutic approach.
- Prize amounting to 25,000 EURO.
- Rewards innovative scientific research leading to novel insights on gene editing as a therapeutic approach.
- The prize is intended to reward an established investigator on the basis of his/her previous work, with a perspective of future development in the same field.
Profile and conditions?
- You have a PhD.
- The applicant cannot have reached the age of 45 on the date of submission deadline.
- The prize can only be given to an individual scientist from postdoctoral level onwards who is affiliated to a Belgian university or university hospital. The applicant can have the Belgian or foreign nationality on the condition that he/she has been doing research activities in Belgium in a biomedical context during at least five years prior to the submission deadline. The applicant cannot have reached the age of 45 on the date of submission deadline.
- Submit your candidacy using the appropriate form, filled in correctly and completely (in English), on 06 September 2021 at the latest.
- Your candidacy is submitted to a jury.
- The jury selects the laureate for the prize.
Regulations and downloads
- Regulations Scientific Award AstraZeneca Foundation – Gene editing as a therapeutic approach 2021
The regulations detail all aspects of the application procedure for the Scientific Award AstraZeneca Foundation.
For more information, contact FWO at firstname.lastname@example.org.