BiR&D Cross-Disciplinary PhD Award
The Belgian Industrial Research and Development Board (BiR&D) attaches great importance to industrial valorisation and societal relevance. With the patronage of BiR&D, the FWO and the Fonds de la Recherche Scientifique – FNRS annually awards the BiR&D Cross-Disciplinary PhD Thesis Award, in recognition of a PhD thesis that presents an original and cross-disciplinary contribution with potential industrial valorisation and societal relevance. In 2019 two prizes will be awarded, one in the domain of “Life & Health Sciences” and one in the domain of “Science & Technology”.
- 2 Prizes to the amount of €10,000 each
- in recognition of a PhD thesis with societal relevance that presents an original and cross-disciplinary contribution with potential industrial valorisation.
Profile and conditions
- You are a young, promising researcher.
- You have obtained your PhD at a Belgian university between 1 November 2017 and 31 October 2018. the PhD degree is obtained following the successful (public) defence of a thesis.
- Submit the application form, filled in correctly and completely in English, to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 15, 2019 at the latest.
- Attach your CV (including a publicatoin list)
- Attach an electronic copy of the PhD thesis.
- Your application is submitted to a jury.
- The jury selects the winner of each prize.
- The Board of Trustees decides on the allocation.
Regulations and downloads
The regulations detail all aspects of the application procedure for the BiR&D Cross-disciplinary PhD Award 2019.