Cooperation with Austria: No call in 2018
The FWO is keen on promoting international collaboration as a driving force for excellence. That is why the FWO signs agreements with a number of countries. To allow joint research projects to be set up between Flanders and Austria, the FWO has signed a Lead Agency Procedure (LAP) agreement with the Austrian FWF (The Austrian Science Fund). The Lead Agency is responsible for the coordination and implementation of the assessment procedure and for the funding decision.
Collaboration ‘on hold’: no call in 2018.
- The cooperation with FWF is based on a Lead Agency Procedure in which FWF is the Lead Agency for this application round (2017). Applications must be submitted by the Austrian partner at FWF. The Flemish partner needs to submit a cost sheet at FWO via email@example.com.
- It must be an integrated research proposal with one central problem, methodology and elaboration.
- Period: up to 4 years.
- FWO staff and consumables: € 45,000 to € 130,000 (For this LAP the average project size on the Flemish side should be around € 70,000 annually).
- Call closed
- Announcement of results: December 2017.
- Start of project: 1 January 2018.
Success rate 2016: 16,53%
Profile and conditions
- As a team of researchers you need consumables, equipment and personnel grants to conduct a joint research project combining complementary expertise and relevant scientific input from both sides.
- Your research will be carried out under the supervision of an eligible Flemish host institution (Article 3).
- The supervisor who also acts as the responsible spokesperson vis-à-vis the FWO, must comply with Article 9.
- FWO-FWF applications are considered as regular FWO research projects. This means that:
- Applications in the framework of this LAP procedure with Austria are taken into account when calculating the maximum number of projects per applications round for which you can act as a (co-)promotor.
- Supervisor-spokespersons that were awarded a regular FWO research project (including the LAP projects with Slovenia, Luxembourg, and Austria) in the 2016 application round, are not eligible to submit an FWO-FWF project this application round (2017).
- You agree with the Research Integrity Clause.
- Take a look at the different research projects you can apply for in 2016
- The partners follow the assessment procedure of the organization acting as Lead Agency. For this call (2017) FWF is the Lead Agency.
- The application procedure for the FWF as Lead Agency, can be summarized as follows:
- The Austrian partner submits the application at FWF taking into account the abovementioned deadline.
- In addition, the Flemish partner needs to submit a cost sheet to FWO via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The applications are assessed for eligibility; the FWO and FWF check whether the application meets the formal requirements.
- International peer-review and evaluation by FWF.
- Final decision taken by the board of trustees of FWO and FWF.
Regulations and downloads
- General regulations
These general regulations are applicable for every funding of FWO.
- Regulations for research projects
These regulations contain all conditions to apply for an FWO research project.
- FWO-FWF Guide for Applicants
- Advice, selection and evaluation criteria
Here you can find all advice, selection, and evaluation criteria for an FWO research project.
- Cost sheet