The European University Institute (EUI) in Florence is a renowned institute that offers young researchers the unique opportunity to carry out their doctoral research in an international and outstanding scientific context with a European focus on Social Sciences: History and Civilization, Law, Economics, Political and Social Sciences. For the academic year 2020-2021 the FWO will finance two EUI-fellowships for Flemish PhD students. In addition, the FWO will perform the first evaluation round. The EUI is responsible for the final selection of the candidates.
- Period: 4 years
- Monthly grant: € 1.860
- Travel allowance: yes
- Health insurance: yes
- Submission: at EUI (more details, see Procedure)
- Deadline: 31 January 2020 (24:00 CET)
- Announcement of results: end of April 2020
- Start of fellowship: 1st of September 2020
Profile and conditions
- At the start of the fellowship (1st of September 2020), candidates must be holder of a Master's degree awarded by a Flemish university institute.
- The Master's degree or equivalent diploma, on the basis of which the application is submitted, must have been obtained not earlier than three years before the deadline of the call.
- On the submission deadline of the call, you have 18 months scientific seniority at most.
- You can apply maximum two times for the same fellowship.
- You have not previously received an EUI-fellowship (not even in partly).
- You agree with the Research Integrity Clause.
- You submit your application through the online tool of the EUI. (submission possible as from 01/11/2019 onwards)
- The eligibility of the applications is checked by the FWO/EUI.
- The eligible applications are presented to the EUI Advisory Committee of the FWO. Please make sure to submit a complete research project, including hypothesis, methodology and work plan, for evaluation by the EUI Advisory Committee.
- The ranking of the EUI Advisory Committee is presented to the EUI.
- The EUI makes a pre-selection and invites the best candidates for an interview.
- The EUI selects two candidates for funding.
- The EUI informs the candidates of all developments with regard to the application..
Regulations and downloads
- Eligibility criteria regarding the Flemish EUI Fellowships
Here you can find as from 01/11/2019 onwards the specific eligibility criteria to apply for Flemish EUI Fellowships of the FWO.
Remark: The FWO will receive the personal data related to your candidature from the EUI and will use the personal data for processing your candidature.
When doing so, the FWO respects the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) in regards to the processing of your personal data.
The received data will be handled confidentially by the FWO and will not be transferred to any third party, with exception of the EUI Advisory Committee that will be appointed by the FWO to judge assess the applications.
The FWO will communicate about successful applicants through its news channels.