Nokia Bell Scientific Award
Thanks to the financial support of Nokia Belgium, the Research Foundation – Flanders (FWO) and the Fund for Scientific Research (F.R.S.-FNRS) may award the yearly Nokia Bell Scientific Award. Nokia is shaping the technologies at the heart of our connected world, to transform the human experience. This Nokia Bell Scientific Award rewards the PhD thesis that brings the most original contribution in the field of information and communication technologies in one of these topics:
- Fixed and wireless communication
- Optical communication
- Signal processing
- Big data and analytics
- Edge and cloud computing
- Artificial/augmented intelligence
- Software engineering for cyber-physical systems
- Artificial Intelligence assisted software development
- Prize amounts to € 8 000
- in recognition of an outstanding PhD thesis in information and communication technology related to one or more of the above mentioned topics.
Profile and conditions
- The Prize is intended for an individual researcher who has obtained his/her PhD thesis from a Belgian university or from the Royal Military Academy of Belgium between January 1, 2021 and December 31, 2021.
- Candidates must be affiliated to a university or research institute in a research position on the submission deadline.
- Candidates cannot be employed by Nokia Belgium or its subsidiaries.
- Submit your candidacy using the appropriate form, filled in correctly and completely (in English) by April 12, 2022 at the latest to email@example.com.
- Your candidacy is submitted to a scientific jury of experts.
- The scientific jury selects the winner.
The regulations detail all aspects of the application procedure for the Gustave Boël-Sofina Fellowships.
For more information, please contact FWO at firstname.lastname@example.org.