Nokia Bell Scientific Award
Thanks to the financial support of Nokia Belgium, the Research Foundation – Flanders (FWO) and the Fund for Scientific Research (F.R.S.-FNRS) may award the yearly Nokia Bell Scientific Award. Nokia is shaping the technologies at the heart of our connected world, to transform the human experience. This Nokia Bell Scientific Award rewards the PhD thesis that brings the most original contribution in the field of information and communication technologies in one of these topics:
- Virtual/augmented reality
- The Internet of Things (IoT)
- Big data and analytics
- Edge and cloud computing
- Cloud robotics
- Pervasive computing
- Artificial/augmented intelligence
- Software engineering for cyber-physical systems
- Artificial Intelligence assisted software development
- Fixed and wireless communication
- In-home networking
- Signal processing
- Neuromorphic computing
- Prize amounts to €8,000
- in recognition of an outstanding PhD thesis in information and communication technology related to one or more of the above mentioned topics.
Profile and conditions
- The Prize is intended for an individual researcher who has obtained his/her PhD thesis from a Belgian university or from the Royal Military Academy of Belgium between January 1, 2019 and December 31, 2019.
- Candidates must be affiliated to a university or research institute in a research position on the submission deadline of March 30, 2020
- Candidates cannot be employed by Nokia Belgium or its subsidiaries.
- Apply using the appropriate form by March 30, 2020 at the latest.
- Your candidacy is submitted to a scientific jury composed of experts and selects the winner.