2019, another year of change for the FWO and its researchers
Recent years laid the foundations for the reforms that were launched in 2019. In this publication Chairman Willy Verstraete and Secretary-General Hans Willems review this year of change while looking ahead to what’s to come.
Some of our FWO researchers also experienced an important change or turning point in their careers last year. In ‘FWO – a year in stories 2019’ you can read their stories:
- Jan Trachet, UGent and Jonas Roelens, UGent both won an award for science communication
- Tom Van Assche, VUB and Serena Moretti, Biocartis made the move to the industry
- Senne Braem, UGent and Laura Vandenbosch, KU Leuven received an ERC Grant.
- Sophie Gresham, UAntwerpen and Leila Paquay, UHasselt started as FWO-aspirant
- Bart Neyns, UZ Brussel and VUB and Kim Martinod, KU Leuven received an ERNA-NET and TBM funding.