2019 FWO Call for Panel Members Fundamental Research
The Research Foundation – Flanders (FWO) is looking for international experts in different scientific fields to strengthen its expert panels. These panels meet once or twice a year in Brussels to evaluate research proposals submitted by researchers in Flanders. The panels are made up of 12 members who are top experts in their discipline(s) as well as generalists able to evaluate research proposals in their wider field of study. The majority of panel members in each panel is not affiliated to a Flemish research institution.
FWO is currently looking for candidates to populate its extended expert pool. The pool is made up of highly qualified and experienced research experts who may be called upon to join an expert panel. Membership of the pool does not commit you to serving in the panel, but enables FWO to contact you with an invitation to join a panel. FWO expects to appoint at least 150 new panel members in this call (start date: 1/1/2020).
FWO is looking for a wide variety of experts in each of its expert panels: overview of open profiles.
FWO strongly encourages women to apply.
Application instructions: see below
Application deadline: April 30 2019
Science and Technology
- You belong to the top 30% of your discipline.
- You have a generalist profile and are able to evaluate research proposals that fall within the overall scope of your panel.
- You are appointed at a university or a scientific institution at postdoc level or higher.
- Become a member of an expert panel of highly qualified experts
- Meet other experts in your field in the heart of Europe
- Stay informed about the latest evolutions in your field
- All travel expenses are covered and you receive an expert fee of 650€/meeting day.
- Evaluation of research proposals; this includes writing and submitting review reports, attending panel meetings, conducting interviews with candidates and/or drawing up feedback reports.
- Attend an expert panel meeting once (November) or twice (Spring and Autumn) a year in Brussels.
- Duration of the mandate: 3 years (can be renewed once)
- There are strict rules regarding conflict of interest (see below)
- deadline: April 30 2019
- Results may be expected by November 2019
- Contact us: email@example.com
“Panel members who have submitted a project application as supervisor or co-supervisor or who are acting as (co-)supervisor or as department head for a fellowship application that will be handled by the panel of which they are a member, are not allowed to sit on that panel during the relevant application round.” (art. 2 § 7, Regulations of the Research Foundation – Flanders governing the internal and external peer review)