Building bridges – colloquium on interdisciplinary research - Presentations
The Research Foundation – Flanders (FWO), the Royal Flemish Academy of Belgium for Science and the Arts (KVAB), de Jonge Academie (JA) and the Department of Economy, Science and Innovation (Departement EWI) are organized a colloquium on interdisciplinary research and (higher) education.
During this colloquium we tried to formulate answers to some of the obstacles (e.g. evaluation) related to interdisciplinary research and education, but also inspire researchers and facilitate their interdisciplinary endeavours.
- "How to Facilitate Interdisciplinary Research" - Michael O’Rourke, Interim Director, MSU Center for Interdisciplinarity - Michigan State University
Break out sessions
- Actions facilitating/encouraging interdisciplinary in (higher) education
- Fostering the ideal conditions for setting-up/supporting interdisciplinary research projects
- What are the best ways to evaluate interdisciplinary research projects?
- Michael Biggs, University of Hertfordshire
- Angelika Kalt, Swiss National Science Foundation
- Tips and tricks on how to write/execute interdisciplinary research projects